These are very basic instructions for people who are using Visual Composer to add content and images into your WordPress site. If you have a different editor in play, Muffin Builder or something else its pretty similar.
It should be noted that you can add in images, background images and a heap of options when you are creating these pages or posts as newsletters
If you have a pdf and you wish to add in this pdf you can also do this but my recommendation is to not add in the newsletter as a downloadable link but rather to create it as content in a page or post (this is much easier for people to access and read responsively on phones and tablets. I have provided instructions further into this article on how to add links to PDFs.
- Login to the backend of the website: www.website.com/wp-admin
- Once logged in, go to POSTS in the right column menu.
- Then click Add new or All Posts to see the other posts already there.
- The important thing when adding a new post is to ensure you select the right category to post it into – this is in the right side on the page. There are 4 categories there right now – Club News, Men’s News, Uncategorized and Women’s News
- Enter the title for the post.
- Then click ADD TEXT BLOCK and you should be able to copy and paste from Word. Once done. Click PUBLISH which is on the right side of the page.
Assuming you have added a page with a widget or element or shortcode that includes a reference to showing blog posts or something like that these posts will automatically appear where you have added that element or shortcode.
If you want to add in a PDF for people to download, please follow these instructions.
- Login to the backend of the website: www.westwardho.org.au/wp-admin
- In the right column there is a menu item called MEDIA – click that.
- When you get to the Media Library, you will see all the images and files that are uploaded to the server. If you wish to add another one, click ADD NEW.
- Once the file or image is uploaded, click on that file – you will get a popup where you will see the file details. If you click the text where it says URL and select ALL the text and copy it (Ctrl + C), you now have the link to that file. Then click the X in the top right corner to close this.
- Now go to the PAGES or to POSTS to find or create the page you want to create the link to the pdf.
- When you are in the Post or Page, click on ADD ELEMENT. Here you have TONS of options on how you want to create the link to the newsletter or pdf.
- Click text block – write the text – IE) 2017 Women’s Scores – December. Then highlight all the text you want to be a link and click on the chainlike icon
Paste (Ctrl + V) the link you copied before. Then click Save Changes.
- CLICK BUTTON
- Add in the text on the button.
- Click Select URL: and paste it in.
There are many many more options to add in links but these will get you started.
We are always here to help. Remember we just charge our hourly rate and we charge by the minute with a 10 minute minimum but we work FAST.